Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Elder B. is doing good this week :) He sent me a beautiful blue crystal ring, which I told him not to, but he can't resist an opportunity to spoil me. He has had a few problems with health though. I'd appreciate it if you guys could say a prayer or two that he can have the strength to carry out what he  needs to do daily. I'm hoping I can get a package out soon. Speaking of which, if you guys have any cute package ideas, feel free to email me at ashiapie1@yahoo.com Id love to hear some ideas or even if you guys have any questions!! :)
I will be going to the temple next week to get my endowments, in of which I am so every excited! My farewell will be on the 21st of June. I'll have my mom or someone continue to post things for me when the time comes.
I just wanted to talk about service for a second. If you gals are having a hard time, feel alone, or are having a hard time missing your missionary, Things will go a lot easier if you search for opportunities to serve others.  For the past month, I've been driving Kellie to work. Kellie is a sweet 23 year old with down syndrome. Her mother is a single mom who works at the school and needed help getting her to work. When she asked me to do it, at first it was really hard to get used to, but Kellie has done so much for me and shown me so much. I wouldn't do anything to change that. I'm just glad I can help her mother and Kellie. I'm even lucky enough to get to sit with Kellie every now and then while Kellie's mom goes out. It's hard to feel sorry for your self or focus on your own trials when you are helping others with theirs. You learn to love as Christ did, and nothing could be better for your relationship with your missionary and god, than learning charity. Love you gals! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment